Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pura Vida... Pure Life...

Hey guys,

Our trip to Costa Rica is sadly coming to an end.  It is our last night here in San Jose, and the entire group is filled with mixed emotions.  We do not want to leave, yet we are starting to feel the pains of being a little home sick.  We do not want to say good by to this paradise, yet sometimes there really is no place like home.

Over the next few weeks you will be hearing some amazing stories about this trip... from Miss Kelly and I, as well as the students who were lucky enough to take part in this experience.  Those of you who have traveled with me before know what I am talking about... and those of you who are coming to Ireland, England, and France next year will have your own stories to share...

Visting and learning about other cultures, taking part in the local life, learning new languages, trying new foods... these things are just a small piece of what traveling is all about, and I really do feel blessed for all of my experiences abroad.  The real value of traveling however are the relationships that are built... sometimes with students from across the USA, sometimes with people from all corners of the globe... and sometimes it is with people who are in you very own school.  [The Wolf Pack and The Rat Pack know what I am talking about]

So for now I will leave you with official slogan of Costa Rica... Pura Vida...  Pure Life...

X

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!! I wish I went it sounded like it was a lot of fun... But I am definetly going to go on the next trip to Ireland, England, and France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me: hey Wendy what time is it?
    Wendy: Ahh...Pura Vida
    lol i miss that place

    ReplyDelete