Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dream Vacation

Hey guys,

As many of you are aware, I love traveling... and I've been fortunate enough to have been to some amazing places in the past 10 years... Italy, Greece, France, Germany, England, Spain, Morocco, China, Israel... and this week Costa Rica.  Each place has a special place in my heart and I have made friends from all over the world... I feel blessed for having the opportunity the see and study so much of the world and love that I can share these experiences with my students.

That being said... where in the world would you most like to go?  What is your travel "bucket list?"  Maybe you want to see Rome or enjoy the view of Paris from the Eiffel Tower.  Do you want to walk the Great Wall of China, visit the Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt... maybe an African safari or an Alaskan cruise... see the real Cinderella castle in Munich, or enjoy a gondola ride in Venice, or maybe you want to walk in the footsteps of Socrates and Alexander the Great in Greece... maybe you just want to take a road trip across the U.S.A. with some friends...

Give me your five places you want to visit... your top five travel "bucket list" places.

My top five...

1.  Alexandria & Cairo (Egypt)
2.  Istanbul (Turkey)
3.  Australia
4.  Antarctica Cruise
5.  Pamplona (Spain... to run with the bulls!)

What do you think?

(Enjoy your vacation and I'll be posting again after Costa Rica!!)

- x

17 comments:

  1. My vacationing bucket list:
    1. Australia - I want to see the Ayers Rock.
    2. Iceland
    3. France - One of my friends went to France and had an amazing time. She described how welcoming the people were and how beautiful it was. I really just want to walk around with and eat a baguette and Nutella.
    4. Stonehenge, England
    5. Athens, Greece

    Many people want to go somewhere that is relaxing, but not me. I want to go somewhere where I can be outdoors, experiencing its nature or history. People don't expect me to want to be outdoors and with nature, but I do. I want to go somewhere where I can appreciate the land and its emotional and/or spiritual influence on its people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My top five would probably be:
    1. Swis Alps-AWESOME SKIING!!!
    2. France-I want to see the eifel tower.
    3. Greece
    4. England
    5. Australia

    I have never been anywhere outside of the coutry before besides Canada so I just want to see all the basic places first.

    -Jessica P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to go to:
    1. Egypt - to see pyrimids and the ruins
    2. Austria - to visit Versailles
    3. India - to visit the Taj Mahal and eat awsome Indian food.
    4. Namibia - to learn about African culture
    5. Alaska - because I've never been there and it must be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Italy (Vatican and Venice)
    2.France (Eiffel Tower)
    3.Ireland (To see the Castle my Ancestors owned)
    4.Hollywood! (Going in April)
    5.England (Charlie Chaplin's statue)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My top five travel "bucket list" places... I would have to say:
    1. Italy
    2. Spain
    3. Ireland
    4. Greece
    5. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top places to go before I die:
    1. Another cross-country trip in Ireland.
    2. Australia
    3. Loch Ness
    4. Nepal
    5. Tierra del Fuego

    ReplyDelete
  7. My top vacation places:
    1. Ireland
    2.Australia
    3.West coast
    4.Germany
    5.spain
    I want to try all sorts of foods! I'll go anywhere..we it depends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told you I would answer your question on this blog. This is my top 5 (no particular order). :)

    1. Spain
    2. Italy
    3. Greece
    4. Australia
    5. India

    God that was tough... there are SOOOOOO many more countries too! :\

    ReplyDelete
  9. So this apparently didn't feel like posting last time:

    Besides going back to Italy and Greece, I would like to go to:

    1. Australia
    2. Ireland
    3. Iceland
    4. Netherlands
    5. Antarctica

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.italy
    2.greece
    3.ireland
    4.australia
    5.norway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five Places I Would Like to Visit:

    1. Malta
    2. Italy
    3. Argentina
    4. Portugal
    5. Luxembourg

    Being a history buff, I would love to visit these places because of their vivid and somewhat strange pasts. There are so many historic landmarks, places, and areas I could visit in these countries. I feel like I would have a blast visiting any of these areas, which is why they earn a top spot on my bucket list and make up my dream vacation.

    -Jake M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. AUSTRALIA!!
    2. Italy
    3. Spain
    4. Ireland
    5. France

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Paris
    2. Greece
    3. Italy
    4. Ireland
    5. Mongolia

    I would also like to go to a counrty in need, to help out. May sound like a beauty pagent anwser, but I would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In no particular order..

    1. Ireland
    2. Australia
    3. Italy
    4. Greece
    5. Spain

    AND BACK TO COSTA RICA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1) Sweden
    2) Ireland
    3) Australia
    4) Any African country to see the culture. I want to go on a mission trip.
    5) Italy

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. Back to niagara falls, there are fields of daffodils everywhere and I want to stay there.
    2. Antarctica, because I bet you theres no where else like it.
    3. Ireland
    4. Argentina
    5. India

    ReplyDelete